Green tea has many amazing benefits that can assist with weight loss and fat burning, bringing a positive effect to our body weight as well as our well being.
Green tea is the least processed tea variety compared to oolong, black and white which all come from the Camellia sinesis bush, of which green tea leaves are steamed. Due to this process it preserves the powerful antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) giving green tea its many health benefits.
These health benefits are as follows:
- Increases your metabolism helping you burn more calories/kilojoules during your day
- Can help reduce the risk of developing many forms of cancer
- Help lower total cholesterol levels
- Helps improve the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol
- Help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Increases your body’s ability to burn fat
Keep in mind it is recommended to drink green tea on a regular basis being between 4 – 8 cups per day in order to get the full benefits from drinking green tea. (Green tea does contain caffeine so for caffeine sensitive individuals it is recommended to limit your intake)
Start adding green tea to your daily diet and you will start to see the wonderful benefits before you know it.
Enjoyed this post? Like it, Share it, Tweet it and leave a comment below!