Unfortunately you can’t exercise 5 days a week and achieve a taut stomach, you also have to be consuming the right foods.
Below are 12 foods that are very healthy, packed with nutrients to help you burn fat and most of all are great for helping achieve a 6 pack! The more of these foods that you eat, the better your body will be at increasing lean muscle mass and getting rid of fat storage’s.
1. Almonds – these wonderful nuts help build muscle and reduce cravings, while fighting obesity, heart disease, muscle loss, cancer and high blood pressure.
2. Beans and Legumes – help you build muscle, burn fat and regulate your digestion, while helping fight obesity, colon cancer, heart disease and high blood pressure.
3. Spinach and other green vegetables – Green veggies help neutralize free radicals while helping to fight cancer, heart disease, obesity and osteoporosis.
4. Dairy products – Dairy products help build strong bones while firing up weight loss, also helping fight osteoporosis, obesity, high blood pressure and cancer. Remember to consume fat free or low fat milk, yogurt or cheese)
5. Oats – oats are fantastic as they boost energy, reduce cholesterol and maintain blood sugar levels, while fighting hear disease, diabetes, colon cancer and obesity. Oats are the perfect addition to your breakfast and should be consumed on a regular basis.
6. Eggs – packed with protein, eggs help build muscle, burn fight and help fight obesity. They are the perfect snack to help keep hunger away.
7. Turkey – fantastic lean meat that helps build muscle and strengthen the immune system, while helping fight obesity.
8. Peanut butter – one of favorites! Peanut butter helps build muscle and burn fat, while helping fight obesity, muscle loss, wrinkles, cardiovascular disease.
9. Olive oil – fantastic to cook with (go with extra virgin olive oil), olive oil lowers cholesterol, boosts immune system, while helping fight obesity, heart disease and high blood pressure.
10. Whole grains – prevent your body from storing fat, while helping to fight obesity, cancer and high blood pressure. I always go for the Rye option.
11. Whey Powder – a great source of protein which can be added to your breakfast or consumed in a smoothie, whey powder helps your body build muscle and burn fat.
12. Berries – yum, defiantly one of my favorite foods, berries help protect your heart, enhance eyesight, improve your balance and coordination, short term memory as well as preventing cravings. They help fight heart disease, cancer and obesity. Berries can be added to your breakfast, salad or consumed as a snack.
If you haven’t already, try adding some of these foods to your diet, I have and many have helped me feel fantastic every day. Always remember portion control, as too much of something is never good and is only going to slow down your weight loss goals. If you are feeling peckish between meals make sure you are snacking on some form of protein to help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Most of all remember, Abs are made in the kitchen!
Enjoyed this post? Like it, Share it, Tweet it and leave a comment below!